Tom Pierson | Pierce County Chamber President & CEO
October 10th Update: Here is the link for the information about South Sound Summit that Tom spoke about yesterday:
Transportation Club members can use the discount code “S3PARTNER” to save $50 on individual tickets however the more tickets a company buys, the greater the savings.
Utilizing his B.A. in political science from Washington State University, Tom Pierson has been President & CEO of the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber (TPCC) since June 2011. Under Pierson’s leadership, the Chamber has strengthened and built countywide ties with leaders of the community. His commitment is to ensure and increase awareness that the Chamber is the voice for business.
Since his arrival, Pierson has spearheaded positive changes that are having a tangible impact. Building a strong leadership team was his first priority in addition to constructing a team of experts that can support and engage members at an appropriate level.
To resource members, community & business leaders, and key decision makers that influence the health and wealth of the Tacoma-Pierce County business community, Pierson established valuable publications such as:
- Tacoma City Councilmembers’ scorecard
- Voter’s guide for business
- Legislative agenda that achieved a 90% success rate for high priority items; enabled 80 additional jobs for the downtown core; and brought in more than $100M in local projects
Leading the charge, Pierson has tackled large-scale issues that have great impact on the local business community. A few of these include:
- Paid leave ordinance
- A phased-in minimum wage for Tacoma (opposing 15Now)
- Local road and transportation packages that will result in 80,000 jobs
- The completion of Highway 167 to connect Tacoma’s port with local highway infrastructure
- The expansion of Interstate 5 near the JBLM military base to relive extreme traffic congestion
- Resisting a national agenda to restrict business water usage in Tacoma’s industrial port area
2016, TPCC was one of four finalists for the ACCE Chamber of the Year Award. This accomplishment is a result of Pierson’s leadership and the Chamber’s commitment to be the voice for business; to increase job opportunities in the community; and taking a fierce stance on key business initiatives.
Pierson is an inspiration, spending his professional career investing in the Pierce County community where he and his family reside.
Registration & Event Information:
- Emerald Queen Casino 5580 Pacific Hwy East, Fife, WA 98424
(The Ballroom & Conference Center is located West of the Casino across the parking lot)
- 11:30 Registration/networking
- 12:00 Lunch served
- Cost $25 prepaid, drawing is an additional $5 for 6 tickets
** Additional $10 for walk-in members and non-members
- Register Online, by email, or fill out the registration form
The TCT meets September through June on the second Monday of every month for networking, lunch and dynamic speakers on important issues to the transportation industry. Members, their guests and others are invited.
Upcoming luncheon meetings:
- November 13th
- December 11th