Steven J. Zika for the January 12th Meeting
- La Quinta Inn & Suites 1425 E 27th St Tacoma, WA 98421
- 11:30 Registration/networking
- 12:00 Lunch served
- Cost $25 prepaid, raffle additional $5 for 6 tickets
** Additional $10 for walk-in members and non-members
- Register by email or fill out the registration form
Mr. Zika is the CEO of Hampton Affiliates, a family-owned forest products business headquartered in Portland, Oregon, employing about 1,500 people primarily in Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia. Hampton owns approximately 90,000 acres of U.S. timberland, managed on a sustainable basis, certified through the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI), and also manages 120,000 hectares of provincial timberland in British Columbia. The company owns eight sawmills in Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia with normal lumber production capacity in excess of 2 billion board feet. The company also has wholesale and distribution operations that deliver building products to customers all over the world, including its own lumber production and another 2 billion board feet of outside lumber and panels. Hampton’s vision is to grow the company globally using safe and sustainable business practices to benefit its customers and communities. Hampton enthusiastically educates the public on the value of sustainable forestry.
Mr. Zika is a native Oregonian and is married with three children. He has a B.S. in Business from Oregon State University and almost 30 years of experience in public accounting and private industry.
August 2003 to Present: Chief Executive Officer & Director, Hampton Affiliates
• Oversees the operation of the company.
• Develops long-term strategic plan.
• Articulates company position internally and/or externally when appropriate.
• Human Resources
October 1995 to August 2003: Vice President – Finance & Administration & Chief Financial Officer, Hampton Affiliates.
• Acquisitions and strategic planning
• Accounting and financial reporting
• Information systems
• Human Resources and sales administration
Previously held positions:
- June 1992 to October 1995: Director – Accounting and Reporting, NACCO Materials Handling Group
- January 1979 to June 1992: Senior Manager – Accounting and Financial Consulting, Arthur Andersen & Co.
- Oregon Forest Resources Institute
- Council of Forest Industries (Canada)
- Associated Oregon Industries
- Western Wood Products Assn., Chairman National Softwood Lumber Board, Secretary
- Oregon Forest Industries Council, Chairman
- Portland Golf Club
- Multnomah Athletic Club
- Arlington Club
- OSU College of Business 2008 Alumni & Business Partner Award