Pacific Northwest Equipment Inc., was formed in 1980 as a container leasing company specializing in leasing to the local and domestic market. PNW has maintained this initial emphasis and has built upon this specialty by also selling used containers, building new containers designed for the rigors of the local domestic market, lease/purchasing container equipment, developing on-site storage for local construction and retail customers, and designing and building specialty modules for the industry.
PNW continues to service this market area and now provides service in, Washington, Oregon, Anchorage, and greater Alaska through our main office in Kent, WA. The owner, Terrance R. Thomas II, was one of the original founders of the company and has been in the marine container business since 1968.
In May 2007 PNW was proud to announce completion of a new corporate headquarters with terminal attached in Kent, WA. By doing so PNW feels more equipped to fulfill the needs of our customers both old and new.
When professionals in the shipping industry have a question about regulations, intermodal transport, or container specification requirements they call the experts who have always catered to the specialized needs of their clients PNW! You too should be calling the pinnacle of the marine container industry.
PNW’s company owned trucks and company employed drivers ensure that our customers receive the best service not only from our sales staff but also from our delivery personnel.
Congratulations, Pacific Northwest Equipment Inc. for being awarded the 2018 TCT Company of the Year!
COMPANY OF THE YEAR CRITERIA
Since 2000, TCT has been awarding outstanding organizations the designation of Company of the Year. The following is an attempt to formulate criteria going forward to assist those that need to make future decisions. These are not weighted criteria but are meant to be adhered to guidelines.
- Direct support of the Transportation Club of Tacoma
- Direct support and sponsorship of their members of the Club
- Local recognition in the transportation community for excellence, advancement, and improvement within the infrastructure
- Community service performed directly and indirectly in support of various local and regional activities
- Overall contributions to the improvement and advancement of the transportation and logistics networks as they exist and grow.
- A mentor to other businesses and individuals.
- 2017 – SmartTalent
- 2016 – VETRANS
- 2015 – PCC Logistics
- 2014 – NU-Way, Inc
- 2013 – Ports America
- 2012 – Mckinney Trailers
- 2011 – Lynden Transport
- 2010 – Tacoma Rail
- 2009 – Best Ways
- 2008 – Horizon Lines
- 2007 – Carlile
- 2006 – SCS Refrigerated Services
- 2005 – MacMillan Piper
- 2004 – Gordon Trucking
- 2003 – Husky Terminal and Stevedoring
- 2002 – Totem Ocean Trailer Express
- 2001 – Port of Tacoma
- 2000 – Swift Transportation Company