Meredith Neal | Manufacturing Industrial Council
From the meeting!
- Puget Sound Clean Air Agency is considering a Regional Clean Fuel Standard. The public comment period closes on January 6, 2020.
- Tideflats Economic and Personal Impact Video
Meredith Neal is the Director for the Manufacturing Industrial Council for the South Sound, which was founded in summer 2018 as a strong voice for industry, advocating for and telling the stories of our manufacturing, industrial and maritime businesses. Under Meredith’s leadership, the MIC has strengthened and built ties between industry and leaders of the community, and increased awareness of these sector’s contributions to our economy. Industry has been facing increasing pressures from the lack of skilled workforce, infrastructure and congestion concerns, to pressures to rezone industrial lands into housing and green spaces. Meredith has tackled sector-specific issues that have had substantial impact on the overall business community. A few of these include:
- Predictability in Tacoma’s industrial port area during the Interim Regulations and Tideflats Subarea Planning process which threaten to restrict business growth
- The accelerated completion of Highway 167 to connect Tacoma’s port with local highway infrastructure to keep trade moving
- Local roads improvements and expansion of Interstate 5 to relieve extreme traffic congestion
- Ensuring energy policies respect Washington’s infrastructure and market conditions, and foster reliable, sustainable and affordable fueling options
Meredith grew up in the Washington DC area, has a Bachelors in Urban Planning and a Masters in Organizational Leadership. Previously she worked as a project manager for a general contractor specializing in residential remodeling, and as an environmental planner focused on transportation and transit projects. She is committed to investing in the Pierce County community where she and her family reside, and serves on many non-profit boards.
Registration & Event Information:
- Emerald Queen Casino Ballroom & Conference Center
5580 Pacific Hwy East, Fife, WA 98424
(The Ballroom & Conference Center is located West of the Casino across the parking lot)
- 11:15 am Registration/networking
- 11:45 am Lunch served
- Cost is $25 prepaid 3 days prior to the event, drawing is an additional $5 for 6 tickets
** Additional $10 for walk-in members, member sales on day of event, and non-members
- Register online, by email, or fill out the registration form
The TCT meets September through June on the second Monday of every month for networking, lunch and dynamic speakers on important issues to the transportation industry. Members, their guests and others are invited.
Thank you to all who contributed door prizes at our last meeting! All proceeds go toward TCT’s Scholarship Program.
- November 11th: Michael Fowler, WTC Tacoma
- December 9th: EFN